Wednesday, February 5, 2020

question for SEO freelancers - Organising a contract for my client that we both can agree on (UK)?

I posted a question the other day about my first client not paying me. Of course, this was the first rookie mistake I made as a self-taught web developer who was trying to get out there and get as much of experience I can get. We both agreed on first I would help on the site and he would happy to give me a good reference etc. etc. But as he kept hold of me by saying he will pay me big money just need to be patient on deals he is trying to make with football clubs. He's business is a drinking beverage.

Now to the main point. I met him the other day and I said that the website needs improving a lot. It was created in 2013/14, and it is slow. I showed him the results on page speed and Google Analytics. I explained we need to focus a lot on SEO, that we need to improve the traffic such as keywords, create more visibility and higher rankings in search results. One example, the brand name is "Amor", and that as a keyword will be difficult to be on the first page for now. However, having this as a keyword phrase - " Hydration and Vitality for Body and Mind". This is what we need to focus on to be on the first-page result.

I think in some ways he was amazed and how much I am looking into this. I explained how I can re-create the site by not using bootstrap framework, but CSS grid instead. I feel this will be a lot better for the site and future. The question is for him is I can re-copy the website as it is now to CSS grid, which probably is the easier, cheaper and quickest option. Or we can re-design it, which will take longer.

Now as I am writing points I should include in the contract that I am working for the website. I want to make it clear to him it's only the site I will be working on. For example, a few months ago my client got a partnership deal with a football club, therefore meaning some static banners needed to be created for the advertisement. And somehow I was the one who had to create it. A person who has no photoshop, let alone no photoshop skills, to create a banner late at night. Also, I had to re-work on old invoices that needed to be updated such as the dates, addresses, names, etc. These invoices he sent me were in PDF files, not word documents. Meaning I can't delete the words on the documents, but instead had to edit it on Preview. I had to cut the words by using a white box to cover it, then put text over it. I want to make it clear to my client I am not the secretary/ admin.

Sorry for the long post but just want to make it clear in this post on what I had to do. And I want to make it clear to my client and in the contract (I am going to create) what I am supposed to do. I want to make it clear as respectable and honest as possible because I do want to work with my client business. I want to learn more about SEO too.

So I am thinking what else should I include on the contact so there is a clear message between us on what I can do. I don't want to make any rookie mistakes. I am thinking about £35 an hour for payment. Perhaps more? I am not sure. I am also thinking about creating a roadmap for the business with him too, just so we both can understand what to do.

submitted by /u/FriendlyMinimum
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/ez8v25/question_for_seo_freelancers_organising_a/>

No comments:

Post a Comment