Monday, November 29, 2021

Who should be doing blog SEO?

I'm genuinely curious - for what type of business does it make sense to have an active blog? I know that I use Google for some content, usually more and more is moving to YouTube/Video (even Google shows you YouTube videos on the top results). But even then, I often just go for a quick answer to some third party website and leave immediately (rarely signed up to an email list or read another post).

A personal anecdote:

I posted a coding tutorial on my blog about a topic and it didn't rank at all. I had to actively go out and promote it to get any impressions. I'm sure this might change if I invest a year but even then, high authority websites are always going to outrank me for the most meaningful search terms.

On YouTube I posted a long video about a similar topic and didn't promote it. 3 months later and it got 2000 impressions, 100% organic - I didn't post it anywhere, just did some basic SEO research and optimization.

So:

What is the profile of an entity or person for whom it makes long-term financial sense to invest in a blog? What is their monthly budget, business goals (selling a product, growing an audience/community, etc.)? Should they really rather invest in YouTube videos in 2022 onwards? Would love to hear some thoughts as somebody who knows nothing!

submitted by /u/mpbeau
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/r4rtrf/who_should_be_doing_blog_seo/>

No comments:

Post a Comment