Friday, November 26, 2021

many websites linking to a free tool we provide

I offer a free tool on my site, which people link to to show certain stats on their own site.

I lot of people have been linking to it, and the majority of the sites are low ranking. Some may even be considered spammy sites or malicious. Lots of them are no-follow links, as i provide the html for them to copy paste. But many of them do the linking themselves and are do follow.

some domains/sites link MANY times too (10-30K links).

A lot are also linking to other tools like mine.

my understanding with how google treats backlinks is. A backlink will only effect your site in a good way or ignore it. So if a site is linking to me and they are not exactly a good site, it shouldnt effect my site in a negative way. This by my understanding is, so no one can do negative SEO against anyone else. And what is the point of punishing a site for bad backlinks, just ignore them.

What do others think? And do you think these many backlinks could cause harm?

submitted by /u/PixelPaulaus
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/r30klp/many_websites_linking_to_a_free_tool_we_provide/>

No comments:

Post a Comment