Thursday, November 25, 2021

I Lost My First Client This Week

Normally when I post on Reddit it tends to be things that are relatively upbeat and positive; however, recently I was hit by a shock that I still can't believe as I just lost my first client going into the week of Thanksgiving.

A little background is that this client is a little bit of an older man but he and I have been working for over a year now on his SEO for his roofing business and things have been going great or at least I thought so. Since we began working he's probably gotten to a point where he sees about 10-20 leads a month just from his SEO for a variety of both commercial and residential roofing jobs.

Everything was going well and then I got a call earlier this week from him which struck me as very unusual. It's not weird for a client to call the individual he's working with but over the time I had gotten to know him, he seemed very hands-off and did not really call or message me unless something was wrong or he had concerns. I answered and he said, "Hey Justin Happy Thanksgiving I wanted to give you a call and update you on the news" obviously I replied with "Happy Thanksgiving, and what news were you talking about". At this point, I was expecting something super positive like maybe another business or maybe more opportunities, but he told me that he had sold his roofing business as he got an offer he couldn't refuse and would be retiring for some time. I was happy for him and told him congratulations but he explained to me that I wouldn't be able to continue working with him as the new company would be cleaning house.

It was one of the tougher calls I've ever had, but I guess its part of the business, and clients will come and go; however, I will say it did hurt a little as it was a complete blindside but I am happy I was able to better my old client's life in some way or form.

submitted by /u/Juicetin1998
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/r2evde/i_lost_my_first_client_this_week/>

No comments:

Post a Comment