Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Client's old website is still being indexed and URLs aren't redirected

Hello SEO'ers.

I've been doing a technical audit for a client and recently noticed their old website is still being indexed and only the start page has been redirected. It seems like the old site is connected to the new one since offers and recent changes are updated on it.

I understand this is problematic but I struggle to point down exactly why. These are the issues I've concluded but I feel there must be something bigger Im missing?

  • This causes an internal conflict known as cannibalization where identical URLs are competing with each other
  • Confusion amongst search engines and users

What more negative outcomes comes with this?

submitted by /u/DankHoody
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/eyr0b1/clients_old_website_is_still_being_indexed_and/>

No comments:

Post a Comment