Thursday, February 6, 2020

Personal website domain names - '.io' / '.tech' / '.com' and more help.

Hi,

I am a comp-sci student and I am building my personal website. I have done some research onto domain extensions. However, I am confused on which domain and name is better. As much as i want to go with country domains, they aren't as protected compared to the others.

Potential Domains:

- FirstLast .io

- FirstLast .net

- FirstLast .tech

- FirstLastWeb .com (note the "Web" part)

(my names popular and all variations of my name is taken for ".com" and ".me" versions - even the abbreviated forms for both domain extensions - annoyed af.)

- I'm tempted to go with .io, and probably go with namecheap for them. Which one is better for long-term professional personal website? Even though im a comp-sci student, i see my self switching into other roles too!

Thank you in advance for reading this!

submitted by /u/jn-xi
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/f03pgc/personal_website_domain_names_io_tech_com_and/>

No comments:

Post a Comment