Monday, February 10, 2020

Questions about Google Search Console - Beginner level

Hi there

My background is paid advertising, and I have little experience with SEO, which is why I'm asking.

I'm currently onboarding a client with a very limited budget (2k euros a month), who is simultaneously working with a partner doing their SEO efforts - again on a limited budget.

Looking into their Google Analytics, I can see, that they do not have Google Search Console connected to their Google Analytics, which is the cause to my question:

Is Google Search Console the only way to monitor the true traffic you receive from Google, or would Ahrefs or similar tools be able to do so as well?

It is my understanding that Ahreffs is used to monitor the SEO possibilities (Domain rating, BackLinks, Search Volumes) and how you compare to your competition, not the actual traffic to your site. Is that correct?

Am I right to question the skill level of a paid SEO worker, when they do not have Google Search Console connected to Google Analytics, and by that doubting whether they even monitoring the Google Search Console?

Or I am wrong to believe you should work with Google Search Console when doing SEO, and that tools such as Yoast can be sufficient?

submitted by /u/funky0range
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/f1ow4r/questions_about_google_search_console_beginner/>

No comments:

Post a Comment