Sunday, June 28, 2020

Advice on focus for new site please

Hi

Have found this forum super useful so far and would appreciate some advice.

I am launching a brand new site. Not bothered about monetising it in the near term - just growing the audience and delivering a good experience.

I have a pretty full-on job and my time on the blog is therefore limited to weekends. However, I will be hiring a grad to work on it full-time.

What i've done so far:

  • Bespoke website which is super fast, great on mobile, nice UX etc.
  • A "course" of 17 high quality articles (10-20 custom images per post, around 3,000 words each, easy to read, expert content written by myself in a niche area where I have a lot of professional experience)
  • eBook and lots of e-mail capture options on the site
  • Reserved social media properties (but done nothing)

Now, there are three things I could focus on next:

  • Scheduled posting on social media (no followers yet)
  • Focus on writing lots of content for low-competition keywords
  • Backlinks outreach (guest blogging, HARO, skyscraper)

With only one full-time person it seems like I will have to ask them to focus and not do everything. Would love to hear your thoughts on the time breakdown on each.

I was thinking 90% content , 10% social media and forget backlinks for now. However, I guess i may need to build a few early on just so Google gives my content a first chance so that users actually get to see it? Or will low-competition keyword articles do the trick?

submitted by /u/Mc5582
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/hhcosn/advice_on_focus_for_new_site_please/>

No comments:

Post a Comment