Monday, June 29, 2020

Youtube SEO - Is it better to use all of your tags or only some of your tags?

Hi guys,

I've heard Brian from Backlinko (aka Brian Dean on YouTube) say not to only use around 5-7 tags on your YouTube videos, as the more tags you use, the more you dilute the importance of each one and the less powerful each one becomes.

However, I've seen lots of people literally use all 500 out of 500 characters for their tags.

Personally, I've been following Brian's advice but after thinking about it, I think that diluting the importance of each tag is only a minor thing because comments and watch time and views significantly effect where a YouTube video ranks.

If I use only 5 tags then I might missout ranking for other keywords which I could qualify for.

However, if I use a bunch of keywords, sure the importance of each tag is diluted, but I think that appearing for other keywords and search terms outweighs that factor.

After all, views, watch time, and comments play a significant role in where my video ranks, so I think 'diluting the importance of each tag' is such a minor thing and that it's better to just use all my tags and try to appear for as many search terms as possible.

What do you guys think is better and what is your reasoning behind it?

submitted by /u/YayStarWars
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/hi0rnf/youtube_seo_is_it_better_to_use_all_of_your_tags/>

No comments:

Post a Comment