Monday, June 29, 2020

What Type/Types Should I Use for Trading Card Game Cards?

So, I run a website which has a card database for the old Star Wars Trading Card Game by Wizards of the Coast. [swtcg.com] There are multiple sets/expansions and each of those has multiple cards.

If you google other trading card games like Magic the Gathering or Pokemon TCG, you SOMETIMES will get rich, carousel-style results for individual cards, and if you click one of the cards, you get the rich, graph sidebar result. It seems like google is aware that these are [Cards] from [Sets] from a [Trading Card Game].

I have tried to search for sites that are using structured data to identify these types, but have only found one or two, and they are just using Product markup.

Does anyone have any advice for what types I should use? I would really like to get to the point where you could search for a card and could get a rich result on the side with details about each card.

I've tried Product, but only some of them are cards that are actually sold. Others are digital only and free. I've considered Article and Creative Work, but am just really stumped as to what the best options would be for me. Is there such a thing as custom types that aren't insanely difficult to implement?

Also, if anyone knows of any good books or websites for learning more about structured data, I would be very grateful for any info. :)

submitted by /u/skippynumnums
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/hi3qge/what_typetypes_should_i_use_for_trading_card_game/>

No comments:

Post a Comment