Tuesday, April 27, 2021

£99 for a single backlink?!

I've got an agency doing some content writing and backlinking for me because I've never done any backlinking myself before. However last night I decided I'm gonna give it a go to learn how to do it.

I used ubersuggests to see where my competition in first position was getting their backlinks from. I randomly picked a backlink that was coming from a DA50 domain. I clicked through to it and saw that it was basically an article with a anchor text link back to my competitors website using my main keyword. I found some contact details on the site and emailed the site owner asking how my competitor got this backlink and if there was any scope of me getting the same.

To my surprise they emailed me back quickly. This was the reply:

"I can do link insertions (with or without a short provided blurb) on existing articles for £99GBP - payable via Paypal"

£99 seems a bit steep to me for a single backlink. Is this normal?

What are you guys paying?

submitted by /u/anon2983
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/mzlg7c/99_for_a_single_backlink/>

No comments:

Post a Comment