Thursday, April 29, 2021

My international domain nightmare

Hi all - I have an Australian .com.au shopify online store that I also own the .co.nz to. Last year in an effort to rank better with NZ customers I used hreflang tags to have both a .co.nz and .com.au presence. I also now have two merchant center feeds, allowing me to show my products with a .co.nz in google ads. However shopify has no way of neatly converting prices for shipping so essentially a nz customer will always know it's an Aus company. I don't want to be cloak and dagger either, I just initially did it for search reasons. I've seen minimal change so far and it's hard to tell what trend is what with a huge rise in online shopping over the pandemic anyway.

So my question is would you expect a .co.nz domain to rank so much better in a google nz search engine (.com.au competitors to rank in google nz) that warrants a lot of extra pain and headache? Managing the multiple feeds takes a special app which is buggy and its just all extra headache, and you can argue it's less clear to a nz shopper.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/dilwyn84
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/n12dir/my_international_domain_nightmare/>

No comments:

Post a Comment