Monday, April 26, 2021

How do you measure keyword progress?

First off, let me just note that I'm new to SEO, so sorry if this seems like a dumb question.

I've got a site with some pages that I'm trying to optimize. I've come up with some keywords for those pages, and now I want to know "will anyone find my page when they search for those keywords?" ... but I'm not sure how to check that.

I considered using Google's Search API, but it actually costs money. I also considered writing a "scraper" to do a google search for each keyword set, and then check if my site is in the results.

However, that seems like it might violate Google's TOS somehow, and also I didn't see any NPM libraries for doing it, which made me think perhaps I'm approaching this the wrong way.

So my question is, for those that don't have fancy paid tools, how do you (programmatically, not manually) check how your site is doing in Google for various keyword sets?

submitted by /u/ILikeChangingMyMind
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/mzbgxu/how_do_you_measure_keyword_progress/>

No comments:

Post a Comment