Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Page Rankings took a dive after adding alt texts, what do I do now?

Hello guys,

I recently messed up a couple of pages on my site which caused the pages to tank and lose their rankings on Google. My site is built of Wordpress and I am using the Yoast basic SEO plugin.

What happened was that I went to add alt texts to the images on my site. This caused Google to crawl those alt texts and soon enough, my pages disappeared from Google with the keywords that I focused on.

I realized this and immediately went to delete all alt texts from the site.

1 out of 2 of the pages are back. However, the more important page isn't even in the top 10 yet. This page was ranked 2nd before I added the alt texts. What can I do now?

For some context:

The page that lost its ranking, the focus keyphrase was "Coffee Workshop Singapore" but somehow it got 2nd place when people searched "Latte Art Workshop Singapore"

I have since created another page to cater to this keyword with the focus keyphrase "Latte Art Workshop Singapore"

submitted by /u/beebee_ice
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/n05jno/page_rankings_took_a_dive_after_adding_alt_texts/>

No comments:

Post a Comment