Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Micro niche in fitness- do you need qualifications and do you absolutely have to do youtube?

Hi, I would like to start a blog in a microniche of the fitness industry because I have passion for it and I have a decent amount of knowledge on the topic. I am not an expert at all but I am a fan of massaging, massage guns, massage balls, foam rollers so I have been thinking of something like: massage tools for home use for non-athletes (for people who sit all day and get stiff) /massage tools for calisthenics /massage tools for mma. So I would write product reviews on for example foam rollers and massage guns but also content like what causes certain kinds of stiffness, what are trigger points to aim for with massage guns etc.

But I am a bit stuck so my questions would be:

  1. Do you think this niche is not too broad or should I niche down even more?
  2. Do you think that I will be able to progress from this niche or is fitness so competitive that I will be stuck in my small niche because of big players?
  3. Would I really need to have qualifications like a massage therapist or personal trainer (I've heard that a lot) just to write a blog/do youtube on this?
  4. Will I absolutely have to start a youtube channel to progress? I did a bit of research and about 30-50% of SERPs for massage gun keywords are just 4 youtube videos on the top of the SERP. So is it unlikely that my blog would beat these (not so viewed) youtube videos even if I have better content? Do youtube videos almost always beat blogs in the fitness industry?
submitted by /u/Tommerio
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/mzjx60/micro_niche_in_fitness_do_you_need_qualifications/>

No comments:

Post a Comment