Saturday, July 31, 2021

I'm new to SEO, and I noticed some very shady backlinks from Indonesian blogs

Hi there! Quick thread, probably.

I was laid off from a company a while ago, where I worked in the copy team. I remember looking at the Analytics page with the head of the department and he would talk about his SEO efforts and show me the backlinks and how the whole thing worked. I wasn't too keen back then, haha, since I was involved with the creative side of stuff.

Today I used a backlink checker from Ahrefs and I saw that the top 30-40 links were from strange blogs. I checked out the links because they didn't seem very 'techy' and they were just random spammy Indonesian blogs. They seem to have a ton of random links and no actual posts/articles. I thought that was strange, and then I checked these blogs ratings/rankings. They had strong DR and UR ratings, which is the part that left me surprised!

my face = :O

I won't link them, I don't feel like getting stabbed.

Here are my doubts.

1) If talented, intelligent people are struggling to rank their pages, how are these blogs doing it so easily? How is their rating so high with utter nonsense in their posts?

2) Is this a scam? If it is, it's efficient eh? That site has definitely seen an uptick in traffic, I'm guessing it's thanks to blogs like this. Is this a common thing? How much do they cost to link to your site? And why isn't everyone using them? Do they openly advertise or do you need to order stuff from a drug website

3) Isn't it embarrassing that people can see backlinks like these to your site? What will clients think? Or do they not find out? I'm new to SEO and I used a free tool to see this.... I'm sure a client could too?

That's all!

submitted by /u/SilentRoad
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/ovavhi/im_new_to_seo_and_i_noticed_some_very_shady/>

No comments:

Post a Comment