Thursday, July 29, 2021

Can I recover lost Google rankings after almost 5 days of downtime?

My site experienced 5 days of downtime due to a technical issue. Sadly, my web developer went MIA so I was left fending for myself. I haven't received the result of the root cause analysis but what's important is the site is up and running again. So far, the traffic stats show I've lost 10,000 organic traffic a day due to the prolonged downtime. I have already resubmitted my sitemap but I don't know if this is enough to recover all the pages that completely disappeared from the SERPs.

I'm planning to run the business as usual and continue updating pages, especially those that have lost rankings. What else can I do to bounce back from this? It sucks because prior to the downtime, I have gained a lot from the recent update. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/nerdywrite
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/otuldw/can_i_recover_lost_google_rankings_after_almost_5/>

No comments:

Post a Comment