Wednesday, February 27, 2019

SEO Competition With High Authority Backlinks

I'm currently running a blog about internet privacy, technology news and cyber security. I'm starting to get a decent amount of organic search traffic from Google. One of the biggest barriers I'm having is that I'm competing with some really high authority domains.

So some of the websites that are most similar to mine have backlinks from the New York Times, The Guardian, TechCrunch, Wired, etc. I've been able to get some high authority backlinks for my site but not as powerful as those. I currently use ahrefs to find keyword opportunities but many are taken by these high authority sites. What is the best way to improve my organic traffic?

  • Should I target the same keywords and try to make my content better than these sites?
    • Will this be effective if I'll have less powerful links?
  • Should I focus on different/long-tail keywords that these sites don't target?

I am ranking for some of the same keywords as these sites, but would obviously like to improve my organic traffic.

Let me know if I need to give more information about my situation, my website, tools I'm using, etc.

submitted by /u/RandomnessTalk
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/avea5a/seo_competition_with_high_authority_backlinks/>

No comments:

Post a Comment