Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Website Menu Structure - Opinions please?

Okay hive mind, I need an opinion... famous last words.

I am restructuring our top level navigation - dangerous I know, but it can't be avoided.

My question is: If you had a keyword in your main menu that resulted in decent traffic to one of your top performing pages BUT you had to move the page further down in the hierarchy (it's a mega menu style nav) because it no longer accurately represented the category, what would you do?

I don't want to leave it as is because it might confuse/mislead users but I'm worried about the SEO impact from moving it away from a pretty prime position ( and yes I will 301 to the new url.)

Thoughts?

submitted by /u/duckles
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/avi4ow/website_menu_structure_opinions_please/>

No comments:

Post a Comment