Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Site structure woes - Dealing with 195 countries and having one page per country

Long time lurker, first-time poster!! I've got a conundrum that I can't quite make a decision on...

I am going to create a website that contains country-specific information, so that when you search Google 'keyword +country' you find a resource that summarises the facts of my service niche, for that country you searched.

Currently, all this information is available on competitor websites, but not on a by country basis. You might have to click around different websites and compare/piece together information across multiple pages in order to draw your own conclusions, whereas my resource will show the facts and recommend the best service for travellers to that specific country.

My question - What would be the best way to structure all of this to ensure that it's both Google and customer friendly? I know there's potential value in summarising this information in a new way, as I've struggled first hand through multiple pages of the competition and can see a need for simplification and telling people the solutions (instead of taking up to an hour working it out for themselves!).

I'm currently thinking that one page per country would be acceptable in this situation. I would not be duplicating information, as each country has its own service offerings to consider. I would obviously struggle with the volume of copy required.

However, I'm not so sure how to build a category structure. Should I breadcrumb in some world regions, or just have all 200 countries in one category?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/MainPositive
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/avcq0e/site_structure_woes_dealing_with_195_countries/>

No comments:

Post a Comment