Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Will changing some coding/copy on my product page affect SEO?

I have a product in a small niche (1,000 searches/month for my keyword) that's on the first page of Google.

I want to change some of the copy and content on the product page. I will leave the title, meta, and url, and everything else the same. I just want to change the copy.

When I went to change the copy, I had some issues with the format, so I'll have to change the coding a bit to get it right. In the end, the design and information will be pretty much the same, just with some new information added here and there.

I created a test page to see how it'll all look and to make sure it's all ok. My plan is to copy and paste the coding of the description into the current page.

What concerns me is the first heading of the description will be an h2 class, when the current page that's ranking has an h1 style. My current product page has no h2 and the h1 is of course the product title. SO if i'm not mistaken, this is a good change, but since I'm ranking so well, I don't really need it to improve in this sense.

So, will these small changes affect my ranking? Will it be ok to just copy and paste the code from the test page to the current page?

BTW use Shopify. Thanks for any suggestions

submitted by /u/SamJamesDaKing
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/avbgui/will_changing_some_codingcopy_on_my_product_page/>

No comments:

Post a Comment