Sunday, April 28, 2019

Made one change and my traffic halved

I have a very tiny blog. One of my pages was getting 100 clicks a day.

It’s a simple question post and I had the “position 0” snippet for that query, which is where I expect most of the clicks were coming from as organically I am rank position 2/3.

However, I didn’t like the way my snippet read. It was a bit waffly, Google would sometimes show a competitor and I knew I could do better.

So I did. As a result, this page now only gets 50 clicks a day.

My guess is that because my snippet now sufficiently answers the users question, they do not even feel they have to click my post!

Well, is this good? From Google’s/the users perspective I guess it is, because the answer is provided more efficiently.

But for me? My traffic has halved!

What do you think I should do? How do you maximise your traffic from having a snippet?

submitted by /u/ialwaysmisspenalties
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/bimfjg/made_one_change_and_my_traffic_halved/>

No comments:

Post a Comment