Friday, April 26, 2019

Personal blog - domain name and other questions

Hey!

I have purchase a domain "lastname.dev" and have started writing computer programming related posts on it.

When I search "Firstname Lastname" on google, it appears in middle of second page or first on third page.

Should I change my domain to "firstname.lastname.dev"? Would it help?

My landing page has just my name and what I currently do, and links to about me page as well as my blog post which is at /posts/. My posts have been linked by others on FB and twitter. Will this cause my landing page burried and blog posts come up when I search "Firstname Lastname"?

Should I hire someone on Fiverr to get my landing page on #1?

I am looking for long-term building of website - I want it to appear #1 within 2 years.

Additional info: there are no other blogs or websites when my name is searched, just LinkedIn, Facebook, GitHub, Twitter and some random local pages.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/0x7375
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/bhvb0x/personal_blog_domain_name_and_other_questions/>

No comments:

Post a Comment