Friday, April 26, 2019

Ranking the homepage versus a different page

Hi, I have a question for the community.

I have a small e-commerce site in a niche market. For sake of example, let's say that we sell camping shade structures and I want to rank for these two key phrases: 1) "camping shade structures" 2) "camping shade canopies".

On my homepage we talk about how great our shade structures are, with the idea being we are trying to get the home page to rank for "camping shade structures". We have another page that talks about how we make such great camping shade canopies.

When I look at our rankings I see that our homepage doesn't rank for either key phrase, at all. Instead, the other page ranks for both key phrases, both around position 15-25.

Of course I want to rank in the top 5 for both key phrases, but I'm wondering if my strategy isn't working well since the homepage doesn't rank at all.

So my question is, should I be trying to rank the homepage and this other content page separately, or should I try to rank the content page higher since it already has some momentum?

Thanks in advance everyone. I've learned a lot from this sub!

submitted by /u/IanGGillespie
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/bht44n/ranking_the_homepage_versus_a_different_page/>

No comments:

Post a Comment