Saturday, April 27, 2019

Wordpress/ BlueHost beginner SEO help

So I'm brand new (about one hour in) to SEO and Yoast on Wordpress, so I've been trying to follow tutorials, but the past five times I've tried to click verify, the following message comes up:

Verification method:HTML file

Failure reason:Your verification file was not found in the required location.

Please fix your implementation and reverify, or use another verification method.

So far, I've:

  1. Selected URL Prefix property type and put in my site name
  2. Authenticated the Google Authorization Code
  3. Chose my profile
  4. Took the HTML tag from GSC and pasted it next to Google Verification Code under Webmaster Tools in Yoast.

After saving the changes and going back to GSC to click verify is when that message pops up. I tried searching on Google what to do, but I don't even understand the lingo they use to explain it.

A message on my Wordpress dashboard also pops up, reading: "We have detected the following issues that affect the SEO of your site.

Huge SEO Issue: You're blocking access to robots. You must go to your Reading Settings and uncheck the box for Search Engine Visibility." Does this have something to do with it?

If someone would be able to help me, I'd be so grateful. My frustration is through the roof. UGH!

Thanks!

[EDIT] I went to my Reader Settings and unchecked the box for Search Engine Visibility, and still nothing changed.

[EDIT] URL of Verification File is google9102fda19d1d4472.html

submitted by /u/Otnorawk
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/bhz7mp/wordpress_bluehost_beginner_seo_help/>

No comments:

Post a Comment