Sunday, May 31, 2020

Concerned with losing rankings with website dev changes

Hey guys,

I'm going to post this in more relevant subreddits, but this is still an SEO question so I figured I'd post it here too.

Whatever this Google update was, did extreme wonders for me. My impressions, clicks and CTR have all gone up since the update dramatically, and it's improved a lot of the positions for my blog posts which are now starting to show up on page one, and I expect some quality traffic to come through.

Currently, however, I'm not happy with the look of my website. I'm a web development novice, and I was concerned about the possibility of losing current rankings I have if I was to make any drastic changes.

I've built my website with WordPress, using a basic theme, and then using Elementor Pro to build the specific pages themselves.
I plan on staying with WordPress, but shifting across to another theme and not using Elementor whatsoever.

I previously had to change the URL slugs for my blog posts, and as such I had to include a 301 redirect for all of them to ensure I didn't lose any rankings. This time, it feels like it's going to be an even bigger task to ensure I don't break anything in terms of content, and making sure users could still view it after clicking from a Google search result.

Does anyone have any advice for me on how to proceed without the need for many headaches?

submitted by /u/GringoTheDingoAU
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/gu12nk/concerned_with_losing_rankings_with_website_dev/>

No comments:

Post a Comment