Friday, May 29, 2020

Realized I bought a pre-owned domain name, feeling a bit unsure

So, before I bought this domain name, I did some searches, seeing if any companies, random websites, or usernames came up for it. I'm starting a blog and wanted a fairly clean slate. Well, all I found was a Twitter user with the same name that hadn't posted since around 2014. Also, I wanted a .com, and nobody owned any of the other TLDs with that name. So, I thought good enough.

Long story short, a few days later I realized that the domain had been owned before. I forgot to check the Internet Archive. Someone had a blog from about 2013-2016 with pretty similar content as to what I am planning on posting. Not sure if I should pick a new name or not. I can pull out without too much trouble, as I'm still in the very beginnings.

Something tells me I might want to stay clear of this name. Should I re-choose? Or maybe I'm overthinking this? Thanks.

submitted by /u/VanDownByTheRiverr
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/gt5ynn/realized_i_bought_a_preowned_domain_name_feeling/>

No comments:

Post a Comment