Sunday, May 31, 2020

Quick question about keyword and slug changes

Forgive my ignorance, I'm very new to SEO and have tried Searching for this answer with no luck so far. It's possible I'm slightly misunderstanding how keywords work too.

I want to target a long tail keyword, but being amateur now if I later find a better keyword for that post to target, perhaps similar but slightly less competitive. What's the best move?

If I switch out the keywords including in the slug, will Google cause me problems or perhaps assume duplicate content?

Alternately, if I basically rewrite a new article on the same subject recommending the same paint for almost the same reason could this be problematic.

I should probably cross this bridge when I come to it, but I want to front load a few big Informational articles on a new site and would prefer not to have to re-do them entirely once I've actually figured out what I'm doing.

Bonus question: when targeting similar long tail keywords is it best to include variations in one article - or write two different articles on the same or similar subject. I assume

submitted by /u/Binzi
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/gu6k0c/quick_question_about_keyword_and_slug_changes/>

No comments:

Post a Comment