Friday, May 29, 2020

Does pagespeed or GTMetrix scores matter ? Lousy scores but fast website ?

Funny thing is google page speed and GTMetrix gives me terrible scores yet none of my friends and I experience ANY poor page experiences or slow loads. In fact, trying to solve those issues that we are "recommended to fix" siply gave my website problems and SLOWED IT DOWN compared to DOING NOTHING at all. The actual user experience and scores don't add up.

I have asked all of my friends to test it out from their home WiFi, 4G telecom providers and public WiFi like starbucks and my website is still functioning fast and fine. This involved different computers, different phones, different browsers and different internet service provider. Links were clicked from social media, forums, google and even directly to the site itself.

THEY ALL LOADED INCREDIBLY FAST compared to what these "speed test" websites tell us. Adding any plugins or trying to fix the issues to improve the scores and "fix" the problems always made my website slow done in reality.

submitted by /u/marcovon
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/gt8w4a/does_pagespeed_or_gtmetrix_scores_matter_lousy/>

No comments:

Post a Comment