Sunday, February 28, 2021

Is it a good idea to separate pages for photography genres?

I hope this is OK to ask here.

I'm going to assume it would be more beneficial, but I want to ask before I do the extra work on my website..

I do maternity, newborn and family photography. They're kind of related, but at the same time could be separate entities.

On my home page I have the H1 set with "maternity and newborn." Right now I'm ranking 45-50 for that, but my site is just now 6 months old. I'm thinking I should target the genres separately and each have their own kind of "info" page instead of one whole info page talking about them all.

I live in a large metropolitan, but in a suburb so I have my city, the bigger city, and the state to use(since it's common for the state to be used here) on top of each genre to consider. I'm more concerned with just maternity and newborn though.

I'm trying to maximize each potential keyword spreading them out amongst H1 tags(on separate pages). I know only one H1 tag per page.

Is this overkill or just best to stick with targeting those keywords where I already have them(home, about, galleries, etc) and focus more on blogs?

Do the keywords also get enough targeting through other tags(h2, h3 ,p) to where I don't need to do the extra deconstruct and reconstruct of my site?

submitted by /u/quixoticnymph
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/luws49/is_it_a_good_idea_to_separate_pages_for/>

No comments:

Post a Comment