Tuesday, September 28, 2021

301'ing a bunch of domains with strong, relevant backlinks to a single authority site

Let's say I have an authority site already in a particular niche.

I own about 5 or 6 much smaller sites, but each one has a powerful, relevant backlink that my authority site lacks.

I 301 all of those individual domains to my main authority domain, move each respective article to the main site and 301 them correctly.

So now the authority site has a much stronger domain authority.

Does this sound like a safe and viable strategy? Seems foolish to me to put time and money into these smaller sites, when they could potentially combine to make my main site much more valuable.

But I don't know if there are any SEO implications (for the main site) in doing this.

submitted by /u/ozzemg
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/pxju8d/301ing_a_bunch_of_domains_with_strong_relevant/>

No comments:

Post a Comment