Monday, September 27, 2021

Articles Rank Well, But For Short Time Only. Why Is That?

I'm publishing a few articles a day on my website. They're well-written, 1000-2000 words long. Some of them never rank, but many articles make it to the top 10, often top 3 in Google.

They stay on the top for a short period of time, let's say one to 3 months. After that, they gradually drop (from position 3 to position 6, then to 8, then to 15...) or they just vanish from search results. You know, today you're on the first page, tomorrow you can't find your article in the top 100.

I never created any backlink for this website. However, I earned a few links from very quality sites and many many links from suspicious sites like Blogspot blogs and some random domain names that contain nothing but a long list of backlinks to random websites. I never bothered to disavow them in the hope that Google knows what's going on and won't hurt me for bad links that somebody is creating.

What could be the reason for losing my rankings after some time? This is what comes to my mind -

  • Sites with stronger backlink profiles publish content on the same subjects after me and they simply outrank me.
  • Some issues with my site?

  • Relevancy? Not sure if Google nowadays considers articles relevant just for short time and puts on the top fresh articles from other sites, and pushes older articles down.

Did you notice anything similar with your sites? Is there a solution?

submitted by /u/cryptomir
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/pwkzjf/articles_rank_well_but_for_short_time_only_why_is/>

No comments:

Post a Comment