Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Blog Post Updates vs Keyword Blog Posts

Hey guys, first time posting here!

I'm running into a potential keyword cannibalization issue on my site.

I create weekly blog posts that serve as more of an update on what the company has been up to, but also offer sales links.

I also have a bunch of product pages that I'm trying to rank for, for specific keywords.

When I go to write the weekly blog post update, I have the option of optimizing it for keywords in Yoast (I use WordPress). However, any of the keywords I would choose, that the blog post covers, are keywords I already may try to rank for on the product pages, or be ranking already.

I feel as though I may be missing an opportunity to rank my blog posts if I don't optimize my blog post updates for keywords. They offer a lot of value and see solid traffic.

Is it a bad idea to try to rank for the same keywords I may have on other pages of my site in these blog posts? Should I disregard any keyword optimization for these blog posts entirely and just keep it to the product landing pages?

If anyone has run into this, I'm curious to hear your thoughts!

submitted by /u/velourr
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/py8esl/blog_post_updates_vs_keyword_blog_posts/>

No comments:

Post a Comment