Tuesday, September 28, 2021

How frowned upon would this use of AJAX be?

Say I run a strictly educational website in which I am trying to push the specific term "arithmetic" instead of "math" which is the more popularly used term. Obviously, I want to rank for all terms related to "math" as those are the keywords with volume that reach the target I am trying to educate to use the word "arithmetic" instead.

Would the following be extremely frowned upon and leave me in grave danger of a penalty?

Build content on my site, on page load, that is clearly geared towards terms related to "math" but after page load, AJAX in a keyword replace and change all instances of the word "math" with the word "arithmetic" but all of the other content would remain the same.

This would ensure that search engines can understand my content is "math" related while also not using that term on my page since my educational website is trying to use the word "arithmetic" as the "correct alternative".

My first thought is - this has to be cloaking and I could definitely be penalized for this.

Second thought is - as long as the content is still informative and targeted at the right user, there is no bait and switch in play. It is just using the more "appropriate" term as deemed by that website.

Thoughts?

(obviously this is not for the ever-elusive math/arithmetic niche. just an example)

submitted by /u/jtmartin32
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/pxm8ll/how_frowned_upon_would_this_use_of_ajax_be/>

No comments:

Post a Comment