Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Someone wants to put a guest post with links on my site........ how should I handle it?

I hope this is the right sub to post this. If not just direct me where I should go.

Ok just a little FYI about me and my site ......

I've got a sports-related site that I've had for years mostly as a hobby of sorts. I've used pretty much just used Google Adsense and monetarily I make just enough to cover my costs.

Recently I've had someone inquire about placing a guest post with links on my site. It isn't the first time I've been asked and every other time when I inform them I don't sponsor gambling or on-line betting sites the conversation ends. But I made clear that the post must be in line with my site's content and the requirements and apparently they are ok with that.

So, just how do I go about handling it? I've allowed guest posts in the past but the never with a paid links, just a link back to the author's page. And I have allowed a paid link in the past but it has been several years since I've done it.

And there's a couple of things he's asked about that I'm not really up on. One is whether or not I will provide a "Do-follow" link. I know a little about Do Follow links but not much. Tell me, what difference does it make as far as my site is concerned? And what about the site I'm linking too? Since my site is sports related would a link to another "niche" hurt me? Cyrpto and VPN was specifically mentioned.

And he asked if I require a "Sponsored Tag". What is a Sponsored Tag? And how many links should I allow in the post?

Like I said, I'm really in the dark when it comes to monetizing my site and how it will effect my SEO efforts so any advice would be nice.

Oh one more thing, and again, if this isn't the right sub please tell me where I can ask - what is the proper rate I should charge for providing a link?

submitted by /u/PeaZeaux
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/jjqike/someone_wants_to_put_a_guest_post_with_links_on/>

No comments:

Post a Comment