Thursday, October 29, 2020

Why many sites start their articles with the useless "What is X?" question?

There's one thing that annoys me whenever I look for information online. It's when the article start with a "What is X?" question, even though it's not really needed.

Like, an article on diagnosing PC power supply starts with "What is Power Supply?". If I didn't know what power supply is, I wouldn't even have looked for posts on how to diagnosis it. They are quite many articles like these. This seems like a useless keyword stuffing or a way to make the article larger. As a reader, I tend to get annoyed & bounce off the site, since I wouldn't want to waste my time on something that seems so low-quality (even if the article is excellent). In my own sites, I don't add such questions unless the content introduce the reader to a new thing.

So, what do you think of that? Am I the only person who think that way? Or is there something I am missing?

submitted by /u/SnowPenguin_
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/jk9v7b/why_many_sites_start_their_articles_with_the/>

No comments:

Post a Comment