Saturday, October 31, 2020

Updated site, massive drop in ranking can I get it back?

Hi all,

Any help is appreciated.

My dad has had a Wordpress website for his self run company for 10 years now. It has sat around 1-5 ranking for the company name and product names for all of that time.

Recently he asked me to change the theme and make some adjustment to make it mobile friendly and bring it into the 2020’s. I did so and was hesitant to release it without SEO consulting, but he pushed and released it last week.

Since then all the rankings have dropped day after day, now currently in the 30-50’s in Google search console.Obviously we need to stop the bleeding, is me reverting the site back to the old set up/backup restore going to help at all? I was thinking this could be a quick fix, and to consult an SEO person to fix the updated version in staging before re-releasing it again.

Thanks for any help.

submitted by /u/Reindeer-Visible
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/jliycf/updated_site_massive_drop_in_ranking_can_i_get_it/>

No comments:

Post a Comment