Saturday, January 30, 2021

Are social signals a google ranking factor?

From I what I can gather there is a debate as to whether social signals are a direct ranking factor. Google has never confirmed that they are to my knowledge. However, studies point to a correlation between SERP results and social signals. Correlation does not mean cause and this could simply indicate that better content is more likely to have social shares, and better content is more likely to rank.

I understand I may have answered my own question here, but in your experience is it worth the social media effort in order to move up rankings? Or are you just trying to get your name/content/voice out there?

submitted by /u/Foz84
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/l8kkfm/are_social_signals_a_google_ranking_factor/>

No comments:

Post a Comment