Thursday, January 28, 2021

How Much Should SEO Cost (Local)

Hey guys, I've got a question.

I run a local print shop. I'm a bit tech savvy, so I set up my own WP site and did all the basic SEO stuff (keywords, some backlinks, whatever Yoast recommends..) myself. I rank first for "printing" in my town and never considered paying for SEO.

Earlier today I met another print shop owner from the town over. He has a nicer site than me, but it's still a static WP site (10-15 pages, no blog). He doesn't rank well on Google, yet pays $650 a month for "SEO services". He explained to me that his SEO guy sends him a monthly report and "runs the social media". I checked his social media and he hasn't had a new post since March. The site looks nice, but there's no blog or dynamic content on it so I can't imagine what he's paying for.

Is this a fair price for SEO? The guy is paying almost 8 grand a year for "SEO" on a static site, but he's not showing up locally for keywords related to his business. Aside from paying the hosting fees, and updating plugins and SSL on the site every few months, what the hell could he be doing to justify that price tag?

We're both sole proprietorships by the way, one employee plus family members. Very small companies, in towns of under 100,000 people.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/jonathanprizant
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/l7gs31/how_much_should_seo_cost_local/>

No comments:

Post a Comment