Sunday, January 31, 2021

My articles are not ranking againt low competition, WHY?

Hello everybody,

I have a ranking article (money page) on the first page of Google, with the following keyword:

  • Football sport shoes

With that said, from my keyword research I found out that I can easily rank for the following keywords:

  • Basketball sport shoes
  • Tennis sport shoes

So I did create articles for those last keywords, it's been weeks and they aren't ranking at all. They have been indexed, I made sure of that by check with the google query "site:domain.com" and they are there. But when I type the keywords, those articles are nowhere to be found on the first pages.

The problem is when I type the keyword "basketball sport shoes", I get as a result my article "football sport shoes". Google prefers the unrelated article over the one that is more narrowed in that niche.

NOTE 1: My competitor has the same articles, and he is ranking with a different article for each of those keywords. Although my articles are way better than his, I'm already outranking him with the first one.

NOTE 2: Competing Articles that are low DA with topics like "golf/dancing shoes" are ranking for those secondary keywords. Although unrelated.

I can't possibly understand the reason behind this phenomenon. It's frustrating at times.

Perhaps I'm missing something, that is why I'm asking, if anyone can enlighten me with their SEO wisdom, I would be deeply grateful.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my thread.

submitted by /u/kurosaki4d
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/l9pr1g/my_articles_are_not_ranking_againt_low/>

No comments:

Post a Comment