Sunday, January 31, 2021

Which website is better for SEO - Shopify or WordPress.org ?

Hello,

I would be INCREDIBLY thankful if somebody of You would tell me, which SEO agency to trust.

So, I am planning to open a webshop and I have been calling marketing/SEO agencies to ask for help in regards of creating website and working on SEO.

I called 2 agencies and asked, which platform (Shopify or WordPress.org) should I choose for my somewhat simple webshop.

AGENCY 1 said this: "To create a professional webshop (with custom design) from scratch on WordPress.org would cost You about $7000. If it's to much for You, then You can create a webshop by yourself using Shopify. HOWEVER, we don't do SEO for Shopify websites, because such website would rank poorly on Google. We only offer our SEO offers/management to websites created through WordPress."

I asked what is the problem with Shopify websites and got this response: "well, the code of websites created using Shopify is not good for SEO. The code looks messy and hard to read for Google, therefore it's not worth spending money to rank such website. Honestly, having Shopify webshop and spending money on SEO is a money waste... We suggest to create a website using Shopify and try to use Google Ads, Facebook Ads to get traffic."

AGENCY 2 said this: "We do SEO for any kind of websites, it doesn't matter if it's created using Shopify or WordPress.org."

I said that I heard rumors that Google does not rank Shopify websites as high as websites created using WordPress, because the codes of websites are much different. Got this response: "No, Google ranks Shopify webshops equily to WordPress.org webshops. The code is different, but it does not matter, it does not have an affect for Google ranking."

Guys, I am confused... Which agency is saying truth?

Sincerely,

Kristupas

submitted by /u/FinallyLTU
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/l9msh6/which_website_is_better_for_seo_shopify_or/>

No comments:

Post a Comment