Thursday, January 28, 2021

Does 1 good link outperform tens of shit links?

I'm new to SEO and I've been curiously examining the backlink profiles of several websites in certain niches using various tools (SEMrush etc). What I've noticed is that some pages that rank on page 1 might have 70 links pointed to them, but those 70 links are 95% or even 99% garbage links from non-authoritative sources.

I guess my question is whether getting one solid link from an authoritative source would be enough in Google's eyes to outperform pages with lots of crappy links pointing at them? This is really a question designed to inform my off-site SEO knowledge. It seems like you can kill it with off-site SEO by focusing on quality over quantity of links...would this be a correct assumption?

submitted by /u/NanorReads
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/l6v95l/does_1_good_link_outperform_tens_of_shit_links/>

No comments:

Post a Comment