Friday, March 29, 2019

A bit nervous that I messed up. Did I?

I am brand new to SEO, only started two months ago and I am concerned that I may have done something I shouldn't have or did'nt do something i should have. 2 months ago started working on a new employers Shopify website which had no prior SEO done to it. 6 weeks ago I switched to a new theme and started technical SEO. I renamed every 500+ pictures with SEO friendly names, filled out every alt tag, started the blog back up, made sure all header, title, meta description were filled out and SEO friendly, submitted site map to search engines, and more that I cant think of right now. I have read many SEO checklists online and followed them all. Also improvements in Site speed and functionality, along with corrected shipping prices and products weights have been made. Basically the site is about 85% brand new. We also bought a shortened version of our website name and put a 301 redirect to the new domain.

Basically my question is this. In the last couple of weeks traffic and sales have dropped, and we no longer show up on image searches for certain keywords. Is this because the content we used to rank for has changed and it takes a while for the search engines to rank that change?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

edit: if any one is interested or wants to critique our website

submitted by /u/armpussay
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/b73kxb/a_bit_nervous_that_i_messed_up_did_i/>

No comments:

Post a Comment