Friday, March 29, 2019

How to best 're-use' or canonicalise blog vs product content?

I've written some relevant keyword optimised blog articles, that appear under /blogs. So these are helpful content for ranking my site overall, and getting people to backlink to them. On each blog page I also link to the relevant product(s) of interest.

Thing is though, I really want google searchers to come straight to the product page, not to a blog page to then probably not click on the product link.

I was thinking of embedding a relevant blog article as a kind of 'read more to understand it piece' at the bottom of each product page. In my mind this would make my product pages much more relevant, then I would canonicalise the blog posts to the product page so I wasn't penalised for duplicate content. Backlinkers would still tend to link to the blog page.

Does this make sense as an approach?

submitted by /u/psyick
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/b6w25k/how_to_best_reuse_or_canonicalise_blog_vs_product/>

No comments:

Post a Comment