Sunday, March 31, 2019

Big drop in impressions, but better rank and CTR

Hi!

I've recently moved my blog to a new domain and I'm still struggling to figure out some things that are happening.

We're experiencing a drop in organic traffic (I made a post about that two days ago), and I looked at Google Search Console for some answers. It turns out I'm even more confused now.

This is what is happening with some of our articles:

  • Performance from two weeks ago (old address, 7 days): 4000+ impressions, 4% CTR and 16,2 average position.

  • Performance in the last 7 days, new address: 1000+ impressions, 8% CTR and 9 average position.

How does this make sense? How does the article have a much better rank (moved from second to first page even!) and much, much fewer impressions?

Mind you that there hasn't been a decrease in searches for the keyword in question. It's not a seasonal subject and I checked Google Trends even.

submitted by /u/theblackcereal
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/b7o5uh/big_drop_in_impressions_but_better_rank_and_ctr/>

No comments:

Post a Comment