Saturday, March 30, 2019

Do I have too many H2 tags on my homepage?

Hi there!

~3 weeks ago I made a post asking about how long it should take my content changes to take full effect.

So our store ranked for two 1-1,5k volume keywords with the homepage on rank #7 and #9. The homepage was not at all optimized for these keywords so I decided these would be good to target.

I added some content (h2 tags, couple lines of text with each and product sliders). I was hoping to see some improvement but as of today we actually rank #11 and #13 for these keywords. Sucks!

Anyway, a theory I have is that maybe we have too many H2 tags and Google can't decide what they should rank us for.

  • H2 tags in banner slider: 5
  • H2 tags for each section I added: 2
  • H2 tags for every product in the product slider: 8 in each slider, so 16

In total we have 23 H2s. The product slider defaults to using H2s for the products and I feel like maybe this is causing us trouble?

Would love to hear your thoughts!

submitted by /u/MrDRed
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/b7eb19/do_i_have_too_many_h2_tags_on_my_homepage/>

No comments:

Post a Comment