Friday, August 30, 2019

Accidently deleted blog post comments!

I have an ecommerce store and I accidentally deleted my website's blog posts comments. I can't believe it happened as I thought it was only deleting spam comments as i've approved all the good real comments. I use Shopify by the way.

I contacted Shopify and they said there is nothing I can do to recover them as I don't have a back up and I didn't save comments to a CSV.

I had probably around 80-100 comments (could be less) spread out across 100 posts, of course my best blog articles had the majority. My blog is one of the biggest assets of my website, as I am doing 100% organic traffic/sales. I've had my website since jan 2017.

My question is, how bad do you think this will affect my SEO, not to mention conversions?

I'm hoping this isn't as huge of a deal as I feel it is. I'm really upset with myself at this point for such a dumb move.

I'm thinking if my traffic doesnt decrease in the coming weeks, I'm in the clear. My biggest concern is the traffic. In all honesty, I don't think the majority of my blog comments were too keyword-friendly. And there wasn't much conversation, just people leaving a comment here and there. There wasn't a ton of comments on any one particular post either.

Any advice or thoughts would be very appreciated.

Thanks

submitted by /u/SamJamesDaKing
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/cxdimh/accidently_deleted_blog_post_comments/>

No comments:

Post a Comment