Saturday, August 31, 2019

Is trying to decrease the position of a particular page an SEO practice? If so, how?

Hi everybody,

I'm not really into SEO, I mean when I looked last, meta keywords and backlinks were still what are considered SEO.

Nowadays it seems (to me) that SEO is mainly content generation (a shitload of content crossposted anywhere possible) and analysis with paid tool like Ahref and Semrush... Besides webdev best practices like semantic tags, images optimization, accessibility, page load speed, and so on..

So far, can anyone tell me if I'm completely off track?

Anyway doing the best in order to increase a particular page rank in SERP is the purpose of SEO. And it's possibly done with those practices I need to have a better understanding.

Now I want to ask the following. Trying to decrease a page from SERP, is it considered an SEO practice?

If so, how to achieve that?

Some details about my particular need:
It may appear that someone want to do that to decrease a competitor website, in my case it's not related at all.

I have a friend that is starting municipal politics and when we put his name in Google, there is an article from a news site that appears in the SERP.

The problem is that this link is related to a trial he actually won vs a company, but the title displayed on the SERP for that link is kinda clickbait and suggest that he was guilty.

He is worrying because many people might have an idea of him without even looking and actually reading that article.

So my question is how can I produce counter effects to decrease that link?

I know it's something that will probably (surely) needs time. But how can I start this?

Currently with only his name the related article show up in second page, but associated with the company name it appears in first page.

I guess we can produce many posts and contents and social activities somehow related to his name in order to have more results in the first page and maybe move downwards that targeted webpage in the SERP.

Does those SEO tools provide analysis for a link in order to know which keywords to target?

Thank you for reading me despite my bad English. And if it's not the right place to ask this question, sorry I'll post it elsewhere more appropriate..

submitted by /u/sanjibukai
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/cy3reu/is_trying_to_decrease_the_position_of_a/>

No comments:

Post a Comment