Tuesday, August 27, 2019

How does Google index "dynamically built pages?"

I've built websites where I had to build out every page in HTML/CSS and all of the page files were in a directory. I've also built websites using ruby that uses a template file for a post and then pulls data from a model to fill in the post.

So in the latter example you have a page like domain/1, the one gets passed as a parameter to the server, the server finds the corresponding model in the database and then populates the page template with that data. If I did this with a static site I would have to have a 1.html file somewhere in my domain folder.

How does google find all of my pages when my website it built this way?

submitted by /u/revolutionPanda
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/cwgu6x/how_does_google_index_dynamically_built_pages/>

No comments:

Post a Comment