Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Noob Here. Multiple pieces of content vs one long piece and long tail vs short tail keywords.

I am going try making a content site based around cartooning. I have been doing some basic keyword searches using google keyword planner and using google search suggestions. I see that "how to draw a cartoon dog" gets a range of 1k - 10k monthy searches. The google search suggestion adds the words "easy" and one that says "easy step by step". When I put those into keyword planner the monthly searches are "how to draw a cartoon dog easy" (10 - 100) and "how to draw a cartoon dog easy step by step" (1 - 10). I'm not sure if I should bother trying to target those long tails. Maybe I should since the short tail is included? Not sure how this works.

I'm also wondering if I should do multiple short pieces of content or long pieces. I could make a video and blog post that would cover making a cartoon dog in multiple styles (basic, different eyes, different poses, puppy/chibi vs adult, different breeds, etc). The other option is to cover all those over multiple pieces of content. Splitting it up would be helpful when trying to be consistent with posting content. Is one better than the other? How often does content need to be posted? I was thinking 2 times a week but maybe that's not enough?

My strategy is to find the most searched keywords related to cartooning, make custom content for those keywords with a youtube video, a blog post with the video embedded in it, and make social accounts that announce the new content (facebook, insta, twitter, any others?)

I understand this is a long game thing so I was hoping to dedicate a year to this and see where it ends up. I was hoping that once there is traffic I could use adsense and affiliate marketing for stuff like art supplies, art books, etc.

Looking for any advice or if this even sounds like a decent plan. Major noob here.

submitted by /u/cadehalada
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/cwtlw7/noob_here_multiple_pieces_of_content_vs_one_long/>

No comments:

Post a Comment